Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You can't spell book without superfluous.

My book is really good, it has a lot of big words.

Disingenuous. Like that word? You'll find it in my book. Good word, big word.

For the illiterate:



Terrible Dialogue Practice (inspired by browsing NaNoWriMo forums)

"Sally, I love you. I've always loved you, since the sky met the sun! Since the dragons began to rustle the glowing trees over yonder in the lands of dragon faeries!"

"Oh George, I've loved you too but, there was something, something blocking my sight!"

"What!? What was it Sally!? What doth blocketh thine sights?"

"I...I don't know! A wall perhaps? But...forget all that, let's be truthful, my heart, the heart that beats just below my bountiful breasts, it yearns for your touch."

"Yes Sally! Let me touch your heart!"

"Yes, touch it! Touch my heart!"

"Ohhhh! I'm touching it! I am touching your heart! I am literally touching your heart!"

"Oh fuck!"

I wonder how bad some of my dialogue is? I guess we'll see won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment