Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Four Hundred and Forty Nine...

We all can't be beautiful, but we can all be nice.



We must nuke the oil spill shut. It is the only way. This is what it has come to. Damage control. Drastic measures, ASAP.

(Subject change. I am now talking about Charles Bukowski not oil.)

Bukowski is not one of my favorite writers, actually I can't make a solid judgment yet as I have not read any of his books, but all the same it would still be safer to say he is not my favorite simply based on the fact I have not read his works. I say this because people see me posting a video of Bukowski and they likely think, "Oh, he posted a video of Bukowski, he must really like him." Then they end up wasting money on buying me Bukowski books for my birthday when I could just as easily get them from the library. It's always something like that.

I think it would be a good practice that if you got something you didn't want for your birthday and you return it for money, instead of keeping the money, you give the money back to the person who purchased the gift for you. Otherwise, it's like you took money out of their wallet and proceeded to buy whatever you wanted. I feel this act of gift replacement is a rejection of the thought part in the familiar phrase I won't bother reciting here. Maybe we should just stop buying birthday presents, what a stupid concept.

Anyway, I'm just embedding this video, that's all I'm doing.



I think it's awfully considerate of Bukowski to be so honest to those kids.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23:34

    What the hell are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete