Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eleven in a row...

Seriously.














Two things.

1. This drawing is slightly unfinished. To be honest I really don't like it in it's present state. It's missing...something, aside from being unfinished. I might go back to finish it someday but right now I can't bear to draw another scale...thing.

2. I was thinking about my first post in which I said this isn't about me showing off my drawings and I find that kind of ridiculous. I mean drawing on it's own has some level of pride for everyone who does it and I think the more you do it the better you get and the better you get the more you like your work and the more you like your work the more you draw.

Soooo in essence drawing is a pretty arrogant pursuit. I'm sure DaVinci got excited about how awesome his drawings were.

Not that I'm even close to that guy but what I mean is that drawing every day IS REALLY IMPORTANT but it's ridiculous to claim there isn't one iota of pride (self-love, egomania etc...) in the simple act of drawing. Hell from the age of 2 your parents are telling you how nice your scribbles are.

Plus I'm putting them online for the world to see for god sakes though that might be more for my manager to check and see that I'm holding up my end of the deal to be honest. Of course if I ever DO get too high on my work I know just the person to talk to but I could care less about that right now. Before I started this thing I hadn't drawn a damn thing for months.

I guess the choices are egomaniac Tyrone thinking his drawings are great or Eyore Tyrone sitting around moping thinking he'll never amount to anything.

I'm a Leo what do you want?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Da Vinci -- I've got a guy on myspace who wants to by a print of No. 10. Really. What do I tell him?

    I like almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit can have it for free. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, a guy I knew from Klamath, silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ty!

    Could you explain how you make these drawings?

    I mean you do not have a scanner , so how do you draw them ?

    I am glad you enjoy drawing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan's 8 inch Wacom Tablet and Gimp which is a cheap version of Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete