Monday, January 25, 2010

Three Hundred and Three...



In life we all need a plan, whether we want one or not. Humans are goal based and without goals we tend to end up killing ourselves. My plan is to look like this when I'm 40. I will be a writer, of course, who only ever wrote one book, but a pretty good one. I will have spent most of my earnings by then and will still rent while earning extra income at the Plaid Pantry. The eye patch is important because I will at some point save a family from a wild bear and lose my eye. This will help because if I ever tell someone I wrote a novel and they don't care I will have a back up story about how I killed a bear with my bare hands.

I'll tell everyone who comes into the bar I frequent that I wrote a novel and killed a bear and no one will care, or believe me, which is fine because I'll truthfully have lost my eye while riding my bike drunk, but I'll never say, "I could've been someone!" because that's not the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment